Teknion is a leading international designer, manufacturer and marketer of mid- to high-end office systems and related office furniture products. Our integrated product portfolio encompasses several lines of systems furniture, mobile furniture, architectural wall systems, seating, storage and filing, freestanding case goods and accessories. Headquartered in Toronto, we are a Canadian company with offices and facilities in Canada, the United States, the United Kingdom and the Pacific Rim, and we serve clients through a network of authorized dealers worldwide. As part of the sales process, our dealers use symbols, which are CAD based graphical representations of our product, to create space plans, layouts and renderings of our client’s office space, so they can visualize the end result. Improving our symbols has become a major corporate priority for Teknion and we’re looking for people with strong CAD skills, who can produce a high quantity of high quality work to meet this objective. The new hire will also have the responsibility of creating installation guides that provide instructions for assembling Teknion products.
– Analyze engineering models to learn how our products are designed and assembled.
– Design and develop CAD symbols that represent these products.
– Review, analyze, improve and test existing symbols to ensure they meet current standards. – Develop Excel and AutoCAD scripts to enhance symbols checking process.
– Create Installation Guides using clear and logical steps.
– Review Engineering Change Orders, determine impact on existing installation guides and modify accordingly.
QUALIFICATIONS / EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS
– Second or third year college or university student in an engineering or technical program. – Strong AutoCAD and SolidWorks experience, including:
– Creating basic 2D and 3D models in SolidWorks and AutoCAD.
– Manipulating and altering existing models in SolidWorks and AutoCAD.
– Simplifying existing models and joining them to new models in AutoCAD.
– Ability to interpret installation instructions, engineering drawings and other technical documents
– Communicate effectively, verbally and in writing.
– Must be detail-oriented with the ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline oriented environment
– Programming experience is an asset (LISP, VBA).
– High level of self-motivation and a “can-do” attitude.
– Ability to work both independently and in a team environment.
– Working knowledge of MS Office products, including Word and Excel.