Please note that this job has expired and is for reference only. See our active listings for jobs.
figure3’s Communications Manager will be responsible for creating, implementing and managing external communications to promote figure3 to targeted audiences through various channels. The ideal candidate is a talented writer and communications expert with demonstrated success in building a sales pipeline through leveraging website platforms, print and digital publications, as well as social media channels.
Working with the principals and vice presidents of figure, the candidate will be the ‘voice of Figure3’, building content and material to support business development sales in three key sectors: workplace, retail and residential development.
The candidate’s portfolio demonstrates the ability to capture key insights in concise headlines, as well as create longer articles for publications.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Create all communications material to ensure a consistent voice and tone for figure3.
- Collaborate with internal colleagues in Business Development to develop strategic content: developing ideas for innovative communications campaigns across multiple media to help achieve each business sector’s objectives
- Create and maintain written website content, leveraging ‘article cards’ stories to promote figure3’s unique capabilities in design research, creative design and project implementation across all sectors
- Manage figure3’s various social media platforms, as well as social media posts for key strategic individuals within the organization
- Coordinate with Business Development leaders to create appropriate marketing budgets to achieve sales goals
- Create and manage a comprehensive Marketing Calendar to lead budgeted marketing initiatives, including but not limited to: design awards submissions, speaking opportunities for spokespersons of figure3, project photography, project feature articles, social media campaigns, and staff events.
- Monitor industry forums, social media conversations and blogs to identify and manage relevant issues through two-way dialogue with followers of figure3
- Provide communications support on project opportunities including developing content for sales presentations and client stories incorporating the hallmark of figure3 research-based design rationale
- Provide monthly reports and updates to Principals and Vice Presidents measuring the results of investments in a variety of communications channels
- Provide informal feedback on marketing initiatives to figure3 employees at regular staff meetings to communicate activities and successes
Post-secondary degree / diploma in Communications, Business, or other related/relevant program
Minimum 5 years’ experience in external communications
Excellent written skills – an inventive wordsmith
Demonstrated ability to support sales targets with marketing and communications activities
Demonstrated ability to collaborate across multiple stakeholder groups including clients, partners and vendors Demonstrated ability to manage an authentic brand voice in social media
Experience using relevant technology, analytic and reporting tools
Bilingual in French is an asset
Are you our ideal candidate? Give us a taste of your unique thinking style with an inventive, provocative application letter – plus your professional CV via email to [email protected]. If there’s synergy, we’ll call you for an interview.