Director of design
Brooklyn, New York, United States
The design team is primarily responsible for product development and refinement. We are looking for someone with a high degree of technical skills in either product design or mechanical engineering. It will be his/her job to develop products from sketches into final production. This will include engineering, Solidworks modelling, and prototyping. He/she will work closely with our independent designers and report directly to our creative director.
As the director of design, you will be responsible for managing our design team, which currently consists of one electronics engineer and two product designers.
- manage the people on the design team
- manage projects and meet deadlines
- develop new products from concept into final production
- product design, engineering, or related degree
- 10+ years’ experience in product development, lighting, or related fields
- expert level in Solidworks
- critical thinking and the ability to foresee problems and suggest solutions
- planning, organisation, and management skills – the candidate must be able to oversee product development from start to finish
- communication skills are a must, as you will be interacting with colleagues across the company and with dozens of suppliers
Please email resume and brief cover letter to [email protected]
No phone calls or walk-ins.