Please note that this job has expired and is for reference only. See our active listings for jobs.
ORE Design + Technology is a small architecture and industrial design firm based in Brooklyn, NY. Founded in 2009 by architect and designer Thomas Kosbau, ORE has always valued the philosophy that creative potential in current scientific research and the natural world can be synthesized into architectural and industrial design solutions.
ORE’s portfolio has grown to include both conceptual and realized projects for a wide range of scales, programs, locations and clients. Notable work includes the design and construction oversight of the Dekalb Market in Downtown Brooklyn, activation of small vacant lots in East New York and Brownsville, as well as high-end residences in New York City and a custom residence in The Hamptons.
Recent conceptual work includes a proposal for the OnePrize Far Rockaway competition, a kinetic energy producing art object for Fresh Kills under the Land Art Generator Initiative (LAGI) and a completely compostable chair made from mycelium. Ongoing research and development continues on Vena, a zero energy water harvesting device designed to combat global drinking water scarcity.
ORE is seeking a talented, entrepreneurial, entry-level architect for a variety of project types including part-time office management. The position is perfect for a candidate that wishes to learn how to operate a small architectural office from design, construction administration, through creating proposals and marketing tools. The ideal candidate will have the following:
- Bachelor or Master of Architecture
- 1-3 years of design experience. Experience with construction documentation, construction oversight and bidding is a plus
- Proficiency in AutoCAD, Rhino, Vray, the Adobe Creative Suite, Microsoft Office. Grasshopper knowledge a plus
- Good physical modeling and drawing a plus
- Good rendering, graphic representation and client presentation skills
- Familiarity with NYC Building Code and the Department of Buildings a plus
- The ability to work both individually and in a collaborative setting
- The desire to work in a small firm setting with multiple projects and deadlines happening simultaneously
- Office/business management (responding to proposals, billing, invoicing, etc.) as well as keeping up-to-date with the firm’s website and social network outlets (around 10-25% of the position’s time)
In addition to the above considerations, we are also interested in working with someone enthusiastic with a positive attitude, as well as good graphic and verbal communication skills. Fluency in verbal and written English is essential.
If you are interested and meet the qualifications, please submit a cover letter, resume and work samples (including built work) to email@example.com.