Please note that this job has expired and is for reference only. See our active listings for jobs.
There is an exciting opportunity for a Furniture Designer to join our team, working mainly in our Vancouver office. We are seeking a professional, hard-working, responsible person to join us. This is a full-time salaried position.
• Responsibilities include design of original furniture and furnishings to be incorporated with our other design departments.
• Coordinate with other designers, design departments, construction project managers, to ensure drawings and concepts are brought to a working architectural drawings stage.
• Responsible for reviewing all construction details pertaining to Industrial Design (furniture).
• Work with the Design Team to generate required specification documents for the internal construction department.
• R&D from concept to finished products including working with factory making prototypes
Qualifications and Requirements:
• Certificate, Diploma or Degree in Industrial Design
• Proficient in Adobe Pack and SolidWorks and
• Preferred proficiency in working with 2-D and 3-D drawings
• Proficient in Microsoft Office applications (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook)
• At least three years’ experience on projects related to those outlined in Job Description.
• Capable of working on a number of projects simultaneously.
• Willing to travel
• You have a friendly and positive attitude; willing to give and receive constructive criticism. You are a true team player.