Please note that this job has expired and is for reference only. See our active listings for jobs.
OIC, a full-service brand development and strategic planning firm in Pasadena, California, offers an outstanding freelance-to-fulltime opportunity for an experienced, talented graphic designer.
At OIC, the work is collaborative: You would be part of a team of smart and talented individuals who are adept at solving brand challenges with dynamic, informed, motivating, and thoughtful communications.
This position requires a versatile self-starter with strong intellect, initiative, reliability, and top design skills. The successful candidate will be diplomatic and able to maintain a professional presence while handling multiple assignments within tight time frames in a creative, fast-paced environment.
The designer will produce a variety of materials, including ads, e-Books, brochures, one-pagers, web banners and other assets, fact sheets, case studies, and other materials.
From concept through execution, this candidate will improve audience experiences by bringing our clients’ brand and initiatives to life across a variety of touch points.
- Collaborate with agency teammates to support campaign development, website design, eBooks, brochures, presentations, signage, trade show materials, banner ads, and more
- Bring new ideas for design and content creation to the team
- Create templates to enable higher efficiency across various deliverables
- Process/synthesize project information and requirements and produce work that aligns
- Develop concepts based on agency/client/marketplace materials
- Illustrate concepts by designing rough art layouts in terms of asset arrangement, type size and style, and related aesthetics
- Prepare finished art by operating typesetting, printing, and similar equipment
- Prepare final layout by marking up and pasting finished copy and art
- Coordinating, as needed, with outside agencies, art services, printers, etc.
- Maintain and grow technical and creative knowledge by attending design workshops, reviewing professional publications, and participating in professional societies
Skills and Qualifications
Graphic design skills, layout skills, creative services, customer focus, creativity, flexibility, extreme attention to detail, deadline-oriented focus, team player, desktop publishing tools, acute vision, receptive to constructive criticism.
- BA/BS or equivalent working experience
- Experience as either an in-house designer or at a marketing agency under the direction of a Creative Director or Art Director
- Experience creating mobile-, tablet-, and desktop-friendly assets for web assignments—a user experience that fits on all three screens
- Expertise in Adobe Creative Suite and Sketch
- Thorough knowledge of Microsoft Office is necessary
- Positive and energetic attitude, with a strong desire to meet goals and commitments
- Experience in retouching photos is a plus
Must supply the following materials upon applying for the position:
- Cover letter, including salary history and expectations
- Link to portfolio
- Three references
Salary is commensurate with experience.
How to Apply:
Please email the above materials to [email protected]. No phone calls, please. Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer; Veterans are encouraged to apply.