We have a unique opportunity for a talented individual to serve in a full-time Graphic/Web Designer capacity on-site for one of our key Government clients in Washington, DC. Though you will report to our DC office, you will work at our client’s location where you will provide graphic support services to develop effective promotional and educational materials, along with servicing client web properties from design to implementation.Services will include flash presentations (multimedia), tent cards, publications, posters, invitations, banners, flyers, brochures and customer guides. There will also be some support provided with photography, exhibit design, and general multimedia, along with internal conference and meeting assistance. Due to the nature of this position, professionalism is just as important as creative ability.
Responsibilities Include, But May Not Be Limited To
Graphic Design and Support Tasks
- Design, revise and update web-based materials including publications, posters, brochures, presentations, as well as web multimedia presentations and videos
- Editing and illustration services; preparation and production of presentations, handouts, promotional communications and briefs
- Provide recommendations to the client on multimedia best practices and technical specifications
- Provide recommendations to the client on social media strategies and content
- Contribute to communications and advertising strategies
- Task plan production: includes project planning, scheduling, monitoring and reporting activities
- Provide creative support for local conferences
- Interface with Government Printing Office during production process, as necessary
- Digital photo development and editing
- Provide art direction during photo shoots
- Provide photography services to supplement graphic design
- Select and purchase graphic-related materials (stock photography, etc.)
- Provide graphic design services for special projects on an as-needed basis, subject to new initiatives, legislation, policies and products.
Qualifications, Requirements and Experience
- 5+ years of Graphic/Web Design Experience
- Solid knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite 5 and Microsoft Office Software. Not just Photoshop – you must have skills with InDesign and Illustrator as well
- Ability to work and design on a PC
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills. Ability to effectively interact with client executives and work well with all levels of management
- A positive, ‘Can-Do’ outlook. You must be able to roll up your sleeves, be solutions-oriented, and never have a ‘that’s not in my job description’ attitude
- Strong attention to detail; someone who avoids errors like the plague
- Ability to work full-time, between the hours of 7am – 6pm (actual schedule to be determined)
- DHS Public Trust clearance highly desirable
We are looking for someone who is a consummate professional. You will be representing our firm at the client location, and thus we are seeking someone polished, presentable and personable.
- A thorough background check (including a credit report) will be conducted for this role. As this is an on-site position at our Government client’s facilities, we would assume that by applying for this role you have a squeaky clean record
- Only U.S. citizens, who have resided in the U.S. for at least 3 of the past 5 years, will be considered for this role
Sensis is a cross-cultural advertising agency with digital at its core. We opened our doors in 1998. We got our start building websites and have expanded into a full service advertising agency. Our work is explicitly cross-cultural, working across diverse markets, to maximize mainstream resources and reach. Sensis drives integration—digital with traditional, ethnic with general market—through intuitive web design, legitimate social media programs, and multicultural relevance.