Are you someone who geeks out over learning new things? Do you love museums? Do you want to help create meaningful experiences that inspire and broaden people’s minds? Are you a maker or a creator? Are you really good at making complex ideas tangible and fun? Do you feed off of collaboration? Are you a rock-star graphic designer? Did we hear you say yes?! Then this job is for YOU!
Luci Creative is searching for a fun and insanely talented graphic designer to join our quickly growing family!Due to the unique nature of our work, we are in need of a team member who has experience working in the fields of museums, cultural institutions and corporate environments. The Graphic Designer will work closely with the Graphic Design team and other team members to assist in all aspects of the graphic design process, including conceptualizing, designing and implementing the graphic communication packages for projects. This person must be passionate, driven and motivated; as well as possess exceptional communication, organization, design skills, and strategic thinking!Major Responsibilities:
- Develop and design graphic designs and styles from concept to production
- Organize and maintain graphic files and matrices
- Design Graphic systems, panels, super graphics
- Integrate final content into panel designs
- Develop and design interactive interfaces (UI/UX)
- Image scanning, upsizing and retouching
- Assisting in the creation of presentations, graphics, or documents
- Participate in conceptual development and illustrate design concepts through a variety of mediums, including hand sketches and computer renderings.
- Knowledge of exhibit design in 3D (SketchUp)
- Knowledge of print production methods and materials
- Knowledge of digital interactive development methods
- An understanding of exhibit construction and materials
- Work in a team environment including Luci Creative staff, fabrication team and client contacts
- Excellent communication skills – verbal, written, and illustrative
- A strategic and conceptual thinker, able to communicate unique ideas quickly and collaboratively
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, collaborative environment
- Attention to detail, accuracy, quality, and organization
- Proven experience in multiple phases of the design process, including conceptualization, design development, and DDs.
- Proven graphic design chops in typography, color, grids, and layout
- Proficient in design software: Adobe CS Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign)
- Sketch well by hand
- Candidates should have a B.A. in Graphic Design, Communications Design, Exhibition Design or other related fields.
- Minimum of 3-5 years experience in graphic design — exhibition graphic design is a plus!