We have an opportunity for a Graphic Designer to join our team based in any one of the following cities: Denver, CO, Salt Lake City, UT, Seattle, WA, Boston, MA, Portland, OR. We are actively seeking a self-motivated and innovative professional with proven communication and task management skills. This position requires the ability to deliver informative and artfully-designed graphics under tight deadlines.
The Graphic Designer works with engineers, scientists, managers and marketing staff to develop graphics and page layouts for proposals, presentations, collateral, reports, and general internal and external communications.
- Facilitate the development, design and final production of creative visuals that effectively and simply convey complex information and key messages.
- Create a diverse array of graphics ranging from informational figures to basic process diagrams, charts and persuasive graphics, while adhering to company brand standards.
- Contribute to brainstorming, storyboarding and/or outlining processes needed to convert complex written material and/or other forms of information into persuasive, functional, informative, and comprehensible visuals.
- Confer with internal and external clients to determine layout design.
- Prepare illustrations or rough sketches of material, discussing them with clients or supervisors and making necessary changes.
- Generate images, prepare layouts and suggest improvements as needed.
- Prepare and communicate instructions for final assembly and preparation of layouts for print. When using outside print vendors, coordinate packaging of files for uploading of proposals and other printed material.
- Maintain archive of images, photos, and previous work products.
- Participate in BC’s internal graphic designer network, providing support as needed and sharing best products, knowledge and expertise.
- Remain informed on design trends and appropriately apply to work.
- Implement company brand standards on all projects.
- BA in graphic design or related field.
- 5+ years of related design experience.
- Previous experience in marketing/business development for consulting engineering firms is a plus.
- Relevant portfolio.
- Intermediate to advanced skills in Adobe Creative Suite (Acrobat, Illustrator, InDesign and Photoshop).
- Intermediate to advanced skills in Word and PowerPoint.
- Experience developing informational graphics.
- Ability to QC work to ensure high-quality projects are released with minimal errors.
- Multi-media design experience a plus (Flash, Dreamweaver, HTML).
- Experience working with abstract ideas and highly technical information.
- Demonstrated organizational skills with great attention to detail.
- Innovative with ability to communicate complex information.
- Highly skilled in prioritizing and meeting multiple deadlines.
- Excellent facilitator with ability to work with large diverse teams.
- Ability to work in deadline-oriented environment, where some after-hours work may be required.
Join, Grow, Have Fun
We’re growing and having fun while doing it. Brown and Caldwell provides a comprehensive benefits program and a culture that promotes employee performance and success. We recognize that you are looking for a career path with opportunities to grow personally and professionally. We have a strong focus on employee development and offer defined advancement through our Career Path Framework; tuition reimbursement; honorariums for papers and presentation as well as project management training (BC is a PMI Registered Education Provider). Our work environment promotes a flexible and collaborative culture, an extensive knowledge-sharing infrastructure and more. Our values of working hard and with integrity combined with learning, growing and having fun make Brown and Caldwell your employer of choice.
This position is subject to a pre-employment background check and a pre-employment drug test.
Brown and Caldwell is proud to be an EEO/AAP Employer-Minorities/Women/Disabled/Protected Veterans are encouraged to apply.