GE’s Industrial Design Organization is a collaboration of industrial and interaction designers, R&D engineers, consumer insights researchers, human factors specialists, and model makers. We have a well equipped shop, a human-factors lab that facilitates in-context studies, and we work very closely with product and marketing managers, and a large contingent of engineers to create the future of GE’s home appliance product lines.
A good part of our energetic creativity comes from being located in one of America’s fastest growing cities. Being named the top US travel destination of 2013 by Lonely Planet, Louisville is home to unique, quirky, one-of-a-kind shops and restaurants run by vibrant individuals you won’t find anywhere else. We’re sure you don’t know Louisville like you think you do.
About the Position:
GE Appliances is hiring multiple Industrial Design Interns at Appliances headquarters in Louisville KY.
• 1 year long (applicants must commit an entire year)
• Paid Internship ($14-$21/Hour + housing stipend)
• Beginning in June (flexible start date)
• 18 years or older
• Willing to take a drug test and submit to a background investigation
• Authorized to work in the US
• Currently enrolled full-time in an accredited School/University
• Undergraduate or graduate students with a 3.2 GPA or higher.
• Students cannot graduate before or during the internship period (June 2014-June 2015)
• Sorry, no recent graduates
• Outstanding verbal and visual communication skills
• Excellent sketching capabilities
• Strong 2D-3D computer knowledge – Illustrator, Photoshop, Solidworks (preferred)
If interested please e-mail your resume and portfolio PDF (6MB max) to:
firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Industrial Design Internship” by
March, 15th 2014