Please note that this job has expired and is for reference only. See our active listings for jobs.
MKDA is a 55-year-old, award-winning architectural and design firm headquartered in New York City with offices in Miami and Stamford.
The Miami studio is currently seeking a highly motivated, technically strong and creative interior designer with excellent verbal and written communication skills. Candidates must have a minimum of four (4) years of experience in corporate interiors and the ability to contribute to an energetic, fast-paced and creative office in the development of innovative design solutions. We offer great growth potential for motivated individuals who are looking to advance their careers and are willing to take on responsibility.
Duties and Responsibilities: (includes but is not limited to)
· Plans, schedules and organizes projects from inception to completion
· Responsible for all phases of the design process, including programming, schematic, design development, construction documents and construction administration
· Proven ability to work well in a team environment and mentor junior staff
· Strong experience in consultant coordination
· Checks and coordinates details and dimensions thoroughly
· Proven ability to understand client goals and meet expectations within strict deadlines
· Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
· Ability to work closely with Design Director
Applicants should have experience in the following:
· Intermediate Candidates requires a minimum of 4 years of corporate interiors experience
· Must have a Bachelor or Masters degree in Interior Design
· Highly proficient in BIM software, (i.e. ArchiCAD or Revit)
· Strong space planning and detailing skills
· Excellent graphic skills using Adobe Creative Suite
· Develop FF&E schemes, maintain FF&E budgets, and produce specifications
· All phases from Schematic Design through Construction Administration
· Fluency in written and spoken English
· Currently resides in South Florida
Salary commensurate with education, professional experience and demonstrated knowledge. Equal-opportunity employer.
Resumes and portfolios should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org in PDF format with “Intermediate Interior Designer” in the subject heading.