We’re a professional award-winning interior design firm in Vancouver with 35+ years experience in commercial interior design. We believe that great design happens when people are inspired, encouraged, and allowed to explore, create and learn. We take great pride that we have created an environment that promotes the sharing and development of ideas, the feeling of community, the ability to enjoy the people we work with and the knowledge that our work makes a difference.
- You are a self-starter who thrives from being given space to explore the design process
- You believe that design is a collaboration between client and designer, working towards the best solution for the end user
- You are a team player, sharing ideas and solutions, supporting and encouraging your colleagues
- You have built great relationships with suppliers, contractors and consultants.
- You don’t get lost in the details but rather keep your eye on the big picture, completing your project both on schedule and on budget
- You multi-task with ease, balancing multiple projects at a time
- You can put together and deliver a persuasive presentation, both visually & verbally
- You are a visionary with an exceptional eye for detail
- You know local and provincial building code like the back of your hand
Skills & Credentials
- Degree or diploma in Interior Design from a CIDA accredited school
- Experience with a range of commercial interior design, with an emphasis on corporate design
- Proficiency working with AutoCAD and Microsoft Office
- Completed the BC building code course
- LEED accreditation
- Experience with SketchUp, Revit, Microsoft Project & Powerpoint, or Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign) would be an asset.
- Completed NCIDQ
Does this sound like you? Here’s little more about the role.
- Junior/Intermediate/Senior Interior Designer:
- Take ownership of projects, working both in teams and independently
- Exercise good judgment and decision-making
- Coordination and communication with all members of the project team including client, contractor, trades, suppliers, and consultants (electrical, mechanical etc.)
- Excellent design skills including design development, programming, and space planning
- Extensive understanding of contract documentation, project documents and schedules
- Selection and specification of furniture systems
- Attending site for progress and deficiency reviews
- Excellent organizational and ‘people’ skills
- Base salary plus performance bonuses
- Extended health and dental benefits
- Will pay for NCIDQ and IDIBC dues for Professional Members
- Education fund for career development
- Friday wine time where we mingle and share design inspirations
- Weekly project status meeting with breakfast provided
- Career development and growth program
- Central downtown office, close to Burrard skytrain station and restaurants/shopping
- Showers in the building for those who choose to bike to work
- Annual staff appreciation day and semi-annual team building events
- Office closed between Christmas and New Years
If you’re interested in being a part of one of the best design cultures in the city please send us your resume highlighting why you would be a great fit with our team.
Email: Susan Steeves – [email protected]