Please note that this job has expired and is for reference only. See our active listings for jobs.
We are a global team of dedicated and experienced architects, engineers, planners, designers and technology professionals who share a common desire – to help our clients create livable, sustainable, and advanced urban environments.
From high-rises to industrial buildings, schools to state-of-the-art hospitals, transit stations to highways, airports to toll systems, bike lanes to parks, we design every aspect of a truly integrated city for people to live, work, and play.
Our collaborative and combined approach focuses not only on creating the best solutions today, but also determining the right solutions for tomorrow.
We believe cities in the future must be designed with intelligent systems, sustainable buildings, efficient infrastructure, and a human touch.
At IBI, we’re defining the cities of tomorrow.
When you think of architecture at IBI Group two words come to mind… creativity and vision; creativity to develop fresh concepts and the vision to transform the world around you. IBI Group architects have the opportunity to take that vision and create interesting livable spaces. The team works closely together to ensure projects run smoothly and clients’ needs are met.
IBI Group’s Toronto-head office is searching for an Intern Architect to join its growing team.
Are you looking for a challenging opportunity that will allow you to join a highly creative and collaborative team dedicated to innovative problem solving and designing excellence? Are you looking for an opportunity with excellent growth potential?
Then come discover what IBI has to offer.
• Assist the Project Lead in coordinating and managing workload
• Attend design team meetings
• Assist with development and management of the contract documents and specifications
• Assist with the coordination of quality control of design and document deliverables ensuring adherence to design objectives, budgets, code requirements and other regulations
• Engages in creative design development tasks individually or as part of a team
• Prepares design presentations including renderings, PowerPoint and printed/mounted panels as required
• Assists in general office support tasks as required
• Other responsibilities – as determined on an individual project basis
• Architectural Degree or College Diploma in Architectural Technology or all other equivalent training
• Proficient with the following software: AutoCAD, SketchUp and Microsoft Office and graphic software
• Proficiency in REVIT preferred but not required
• Excellent design and graphics skills.
• Experience in transit station design will be considered an asset
• Experience with developing and researching appropriate details and construction sequencing
• Excellent initiative, attention to detail
• Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English required
Good verbal and written communication skills in French will be considered an asset.
• Excellent time management skills
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. IBI Group is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.