Please note that this job has expired and is for reference only. See our active listings for jobs.
Acre Designs is a venture backed housing startup, that designs, packs, and ships beautiful Zero Energy homes to customers through the US. We are reinventing the way we build by treating housing like a product, focusing on the full process and user experience. www.acredesigns.com
You must thrive working both collaboratively and independently on all phases of projects including: schematic design, consultant coordination, construction documents, and construction administration.
You must also be comfortable working for a startup, with limited direction, moving deadlines, and a fast paced summer schedule. You are curious but not judgmental, smart but not cocky, eager but not over confident, self-aware, and a dependable team player.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work closely with our Chief Design Officer and Architectural Lead as a supporting staff member in producing project deliverables.
- The responsibilities would include developing designs, drafting, elevation renderings, CAD drawings, and maintain project documentation
- Work closely with team to help produce and coordinate highly-detailed project drawing set under the supervision of the project lead
- Support the team in all areas of architectural design: presentation, design development, construction documentation, and detailing.
Requirements & Qualifications:
- Prior experience in an architectural/drafting office prefered. (Students encouraged to Apply)
- Ability to produce a complete set of residential construction documents
- Solid knowledge & experience in SketchUp & AutoCAD
- Adobe Creative Suite
- 3D Modeling & knowledge of BIM
- Ability to handle fast-paced projects and deadlines
- Ability to thrive in ambiguous start up environment
- Strong work ethic and design sense
- Able to work individually and as part of a team
We offer the opportunity for growth in project design and production, as well as competitive compensation, health insurance, a fun working atmosphere, unlimited snacks & free lunch.
Location: Mountain View
Hours: Approx 25-30/hrs week
Rate: Commensurate with experience
Status: Contract/Part Time with opportunity for FT in the future.