Please note that this job has expired and is for reference only. See our active listings for jobs.
Katz Architecture is immediately seeking an enthusiastic Freelance Designer & Draftsperson to join our team. We are looking to find a bright, talented candidate with zero to two years’ experience, who will thrive in our growing Chelsea office.
This candidate should be design minded with good listening skills and a strong follow through, with a desire to work in a stimulating fast paced office. This is a position for a proven self-started who does not want to be cornered into a specific type of architecture or project.
Candidates should possess the following:
- Professional degree in Architecture
- 0 – 2 years’ experience, preferably in high-end residential production work
- Strong visualization skills and an accomplished rendered
- Friendly, outgoing personality with exemplary verbal and written communication
- Proficiency in AutoCAD
- Fluent in Rhino/VRay, Sketch Up, Adobe Creative Suite
- Experience with construction documents with a focus on detailing
- Proficiency with the English language and valid work status in the U.S.
- Intellectually and culturally curious
Responsibilities will include:
- Site surveying
- Providing drafting support to architects
- Source materials
- Communication with vendors & manufacturers
- Miscellaneous tasks as needed
Salary will depend on experience and capabilities.
Katz Architecture is a full service architectural office providing design, management and consulting services to a wide range of clients. Established in 2002, we are a small, but expanding team made up of enthusiastic, talented, creative individuals dedicated to innovative design and quality service.
Please, no calls. Qualified candidates should submit a cover letter, resume, design samples, and salary requirements to [email protected] with ‘Junior Designer” as the subject. If you have any high-end residential experience, please include them in your design samples.