HCMA Architecture + Design challenges the traditional boundaries of architectural practice by asking one question. “How do we achieve the maximum positive impact?” In the ways that we work, design, give back, and connect – we are catalysts for healthier, more creative, more engaged communities. If you want to join a team that creates magnetic public spaces, with lasting social value, you’ve come to the right place.
Are you driven by best practices?
We are looking for a fearless and highly driven Marketing Coordinator to join our growing team. If you’re looking to make a positive impact on society, we want to hear from you.
This role requires an organized and proactive doer, who has the confidence and tenacity to bring a fresh perspective to our team. We are an interdisciplinary firm; our architects, designers, and other specialists work collaboratively on projects from conception to completion without the traditional silos. This adds a great deal to the quality of the work that we produce but requires strong communication and collaborative skills. If this seems on point… read on:
The Marketing Coordinator will proactively drive and assist securing interesting and innovative work by sharing HCMA’s vision and values. This dynamic storyteller generates creative, compelling and engaging communications to achieve HCMA’s goals through proposals, online and print communications.
Proposals (70% of workload)
– Understands and utilizes best practices for creating persuasive proposals
– Receive and evaluate incoming RFPs, RFQs, RFIs
– Be responsible for coordinating the activities associated with the Request for Proposal (RFP) process by ensuring that the highest quality of service is provided while remaining consistent with our policies, procedures and philosophies.
– Developing and maintaining written responses, ensuring they are engaging and appropriate for each project.
– Engage with both the internal team and sub-consultants to ensure high quality submissions
– Writes compelling content, edits text provided by team members to ensure consistent message and tone
– Takes responsibility for content, design layout, production and timely delivery of proposal submissions
– Tracks submission outcomes, coordinates debrief sessions and ensures feedback influences future pursuits
– Maintains a record of proposal templates and a written content library
– This position will be working in a highly collaborative environment on a team looking to streamline processes while increasing impact.
Marketing (30% of workload)
– Schedules regular check-ins with team members across the firm to update marketing and proposal resources including resumes, project sheets, project and contact databases
– Researches and develops communications for brochures, award programs, advertisements, speaking engagements and publication submissions
– Coordinates relationships with collaborators, partners and vendors
– Assists with digital marketing including upkeep of the firm’s website and social media channels
KNOWLEDGE + SKILLS
- Strong listening skills and overall communication skills, both written and verbal
- Team player and highly adaptable, demonstrates initiative and positive attitude, ability to thrive in a team environment
- Able to work independently; seeks input and asks for help from team members when needed
- Self-motivated and confident coordinating and motivating multiple team members and deadlines; effective project manager
- Responsive, assertive and resourceful
- Detail oriented, precise
- Creative and innovative thinker, embraces change
- Demonstrated multitasking abilities, can work under pressure to meet tight deadlines
- Strong organizational, planning, time management and prioritization skills
- Ability to perform and deliver multiple projects on time
- Represents HCMA in the best possible light to internal and external clients
- Strong writing and editing ability
- Experienced in the proposal process with strong knowledge about document production
- Advanced user of Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe Creative Suite including InDesign
- Keen understanding and experience with Web platforms and Social Media applications
- Assists in creating, scheduling and posting compelling social media content
– Minimum 2-5 years’ experience in a marketing role with strong RFP knowledge
– Experience coordinating proposals for the design and construction industry
– Diploma or Degree in Marketing, Business or Communications an asset
Our team lives and breathes creativity, engagement and excellence. If your pulse picked up a little as you read this, if you feel you can contribute to our quest – if you can see yourself here – SHOW US. Email [email protected] with a statement on why you are right for our team. Get creative and convince us you’re the kind of person who wants to question the status quo, and that we’d be foolish not to hire you.