Please note that this job has expired and is for reference only. See our active listings for jobs.
Macaulay Sinclair are seeking a mid-weight interior designer to join our growing team in Nottingham.
We are an Interior Architecture and Design studio working exclusively in design for hospitality.
Do you share our vision, passion and geekery for rigorously researched, well informed, hand-crafted, bespoke and meaningful design?
We are offering a wonderful opportunity for you to flourish and become an established team member at Macaulay Sinclair.
In this position, you will support senior team members and directors. You will be fully conversant with all aspects of the design process from inception to completion. You have the skills to develop and present design material on all levels; hand-drawn concept sketches, presentation drawings and visuals, and high quality working drawings. You have a good knowledge of UK building regulations, have on site experience, a comprehensive understanding of construction, materials and detailing. You are very organised, can manage your own time, coordinate information accurately, clearly and concisely, make decisions and deliver to deadlines. You bring bundles of creativity, energy and enthusiasm. You are ambitious yet a team player with excellent communication and skills, both verbal and written. You have hospitality design experience and understand restaurants, restaurant brands and roll-outs. You are deeply passionate about well researched, insightful and meaningful design. You have a thirst for knowledge and a desire to improve, learn and develop.
Desired skills / experience / attributes.
- BA Hons Interior Architecture and Design qualification(or similar)
- Minimum of 3 years of professional experience.
- Track record in hospitality projects with on-site and roll-out experience.
- Confident, articulate with excellent communication skills; written, verbal and sketching.
- Fluency in Cad drawing packages, Adobe CS, SketchUp and MS office.
- Good knowledge of materials, detailing and construction.
- You are a team player, good natured, good-humoured and respectful of others.
- Willingness to travel in the UK and overseas.
To apply for this position please submit a CV with covering letter and sample portfolio to [email protected]
Please ensure you use the ref: MWD01