British design studio Faye Toogood seeks a product developer to work in London:
At Faye Toogood we design objects and furniture that demonstrate a preoccupation with materiality and experimentation, with honesty to the rawness and irregularity of the chosen material.
We are now looking for a bright, confident and friendly member to join our team to be responsible of production of gallery and production pieces.
The role involves dealing with traditional artisans and small-scale manufacturers; day-to-day management of manufacturing of orders, stock and delivery of products.
The position is open to four to five days a week; salary negotiable and dependable on experience.
Key responsibilities include:
- working closely with senior designer and product coordinator to plan, coordinate and control the production of client orders
- raising purchase orders, placing order for components and fabrications
- managing and maintaining order cost sheets, ensuring that products are produced within budget
- liaising with manufacturers, visiting factories, ensuring that products are produced on time and within specification
- liaising with clients to arrange delivery of the products
- updating technical working drawings and specification packages for manufacture when required
- first point of contact for all enquiries
- preparing delivery notes and loan forms
- liaising with storage to ensure stock information is up to date
- maintain product information on online server to ensure it is up to date
- maintain material and components library in studio
- maintain price list information
- source, delegate and mentor work experience
- comprehensive understanding of materials/manufacturing processes and strong eye for detail
- proficient in producing and amending technical drawings on Solidworks
- proficient in Mac OSX Platform, Adobe CS, Microsoft Office
- highly organised and ability to work in a structured manner
- flexibility and an ability to manage multiple projects at one time.
- knowledge of UK-based small and large scale manufacturers
- pro-activeness, capability of managing own work load, self-motivation, good communication skills and sense of humor are definitely valued qualities for this role.
- minimum three years of experience working in a similar design studio
- UK driving license is a plus
Applicants are asked to please email their CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Application deadline: Friday 21/12/2012