Stephen Yablon Architect is an award-winning architecture firm in New York City dedicated to creating architecture that is transformative: enabling organizations, communities, and individuals to flourish in today’s world. Our approach is focused on design that engenders a connection to the broader contemporary culture and the unique qualities of place, program, and client identity.
We are seeking a Project Architect with experience in high quality institutional, public, and/or commercial projects who is passionate about contemporary design, creative, highly organized, articulate, and personable. Candidates must be able to coordinate consultants, oversee production of design presentations and technical documents, and assume responsibility for construction administration. We offer tremendous opportunities for growth in a collaborative, friendly, and respectful environment.
The ideal candidate should have:
- 5-8 years of experience, primarily in high quality institutional, public, and/or commercial projects in the U.S.
- Proven experience managing at least one project through all phases of design and construction administration.
- Knowledge of NYC building codes and ADA requirements.
- ACAD, Adobe Creative Suite, MS Office, and Project proficiency.
- 3D modeling/rendering (Rhino, V-Ray and 3DS Max) skills. Revit is a plus.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Either a BArch or MArch. LEED preferred. Licensure a plus.
- Legal authorization to work in the U.S. and fluency in English
- Current residency in the US, preferably in the NYC region.
Please submit a single pdf document no more than 5MB that includes a cover letter, resume, and work samples to firstname.lastname@example.org. The cover letter should be one page maximum and concisely summarize your qualifications, experience, education, salary requirement, availability, and form of legal authorization to work in the US. Please indicate on email subject field : SYA PA Position – Your Name.
Applications that are submitted to any other email address, mailed, or dropped off will not be considered. Regrettably we do not have the capacity to respond to every applicant so no follow up calls or emails please.