Please note that this job has expired and is for reference only. See our active listings for jobs.
JAM Architecture is a growing architecture firm based in Williamsburg, Brooklyn focused on high end residential projects in Brooklyn and Manhattan. We are a small firm that can offer an excellent range of experience for someone who is passionate about residential design and is creative, organized and enjoys being involved with all phases of design and construction. Applicant should have a strong desire to work in high end residential and this position will offer strong long-term potential for career growth.
We are seeking a motivated junior project manager to work with directly partners to lead and manage all phases of work for our residential renovations. Responsibilities will include field measuring, drafting in all phases of design and construction administration, permitting and working with expeditors & consultants, attending construction meetings, coordinating required follow-up and managing junior staff as-needed throughout project life cycle.
- Professional architectural degree from an accredited architecture program
- 3-5 years of post-graduate work experience on high-end residential projects in co-ops, condos and townhouses in New York City
- Able to successfully file with NYC DOB and Landmarks and gain approval for residential projects
- Experience with design and integration of MEP systems for residential projects
- Experience with construction means & methods for projects within New York City including pre-war & post-war apartment building construction and townhouse construction
- Must have experience designing and detailing custom millwork in a residential setting
- Must have on-site construction administration experience on residential projects in NYC
- Strong proficiency with AutoCAD and Photoshop in order to create presentation quality design drawings and technical approval & construction documents
- Experience with wood-frame residential construction considered a plus
- Ability to take direction well and manage junior staff on tight deadlines.
- Must be self-starting to move projects forward and be dedicated to a successful project outcome
- Must have strong written and verbal communication skills. Communication is integral to this position so applicant must be comfortable communicating with clients, consultants, junior staff and partners on a daily basis. Communication should be clear, confident and effective.
- Must be highly organized and capable of working on a diverse range of tasks on tight, often overlapping, deadlines
- Must be able to apply general office standards to the unique constraints of each project.
- Legally authorized to work in the US and fluent in English (written and spoken)
- Currently living in/near NYC
Applicant must have a strong proficiency with AutoCAD and Photoshop. An eye for graphics and an ability to work well in a fast-paced collaborative environment are a plus.
- 60% coverage of Aetna Gold health insurance plan
- monthly unlimited metro card
- paid time off
Please submit one PDF document for cover letter, salary requirements, resume, and portfolio/work samples to [email protected]
Please keep document size to a minimum (5MB).