GPA relies on its Senior Staff to see the big picture and lead the successful execution of projects by being: a leader and dedicated team player, bringing creativity and approaching tasks with ingenuity. Their role is diverse and will involve individual work as well as significant teamwork. Senior staff are a critical point person who will need the ability to manage different workloads while coordinating effectively with team members, clients, contractors and others.
The role involves a wide range of capabilities all requiring creative thinking, problem solving, organization and attention to detail. As a high performing Senior Staff, you will actively build your skills, body of knowledge and effectiveness to drive results that advance the firm’s needs.
To be successful candidate you will have a strong commitment to design excellence and execution and strong skills in the production and co-ordination of contract documents with annotated and dimensioned drawings. You must be able to demonstrate experience ranging from concept design through to contract administration and you will have experience working on a variety of project types. You must have a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in architecture, architectural science or architectural technology; and possess a minimum of 10+ years professional working experience not including co-operative education placements.
Project Level Responsibilities
- Works with Associates to co-ordinate internal project deliverables
- Provides oversight in the planning, implementation, execution and evaluation of project phases
- Oversees, develops and guides design conception, design detailing and production of presentation materials
- Leads development of construction documents and follows up with design work as drawings and construction progress;
- Supports Associates with ensuring design continuity
- Supports Associates in site coordination, works with contractors in solving construction & site issues
- Oversees and leads the production of architectural drawings and models
- Supports Associates in maintaining and managing all project documentation related to architectural design and contract administration;
- Guides contract administration & works effectively with contractors to resolve construction/ site issues;
- Performs effective analysis of applicable building codes, by-laws and other regulations and technical documents / reports to which a project may be subject
People level Responsibilities
- Inspires and motivates; collaborates across teams; develops junior members
- Promotes GPA culture
- Liaises with Principals, Associates as required
- Develops strong relationships with clients and internal teams
- Manages and coordinates consultants
- Leads and participates in team meetings to coordinate design options and ideas
Please submit your CV and a PDF of your portfolio, no more than 10MB to [email protected].
Subject Line to read: Senior Designer_APPLICANT’S SURNAME We would like to thank all applicants for their interest in this position, however; only those selected for an interview will be contacted.