We are looking for a talented and self-motivated senior product / industrial designer
Reporting directly to the practice managing director, this is an excellent opportunity for an experienced designer to take the next step in their career and lead and manage a team of industrial designers in our London office.
Our projects cover a variety of sectors including transport and public realm; products to be designed can vary from architectural components, lighting, signage and street furniture. Our clients are visionaries and leaders in their own fields; the designer will have the knowledge and confidence to work closely with clients and stakeholders to deliver high quality and creative products in accordance with design briefs.
Candidates need to show a robust knowledge of the full design process and demonstrate experience of delivering detailed technical drawings to production standards. A passion and understanding of craft, making and getting involved with manufacturers to deliver new innovative products is essential. Experience working in companies specialising in product/industrial design within the transport and public realm sectors is essential.
Our salary/package is competitive and dependent on the candidate’s experience.
– deliver and/or lead multiple, often complex, design projects from concept through to site whilst adhering to the design briefs, programmes and budgets
– undertake project and user research and develop design briefs with the client team
– produce and supervise the delivery of drawings at conceptual stage, tender and construction stages.
– collaborate with other design disciplines to co-ordinate and deliver designs
– prepare presentations and design reports
– manage our team of mid-weight and junior designers, and keep them up to date with industry trends.
– lead client pitches and delivery of presentations.
– identify business opportunities and support the business development team.
– bachelors and/or masters degree in product/industrial design or related field
– 10 plus years of industry experience with established agencies
– five+ years of delivering products within the transport and/or public realm sector
– user centric focus with experience of service design
– process led, developing products through concept drawings, models and finished presentations.
– experience working across different design phases, from research to manufacture
– excellent creative and technical skills; a strategic thinker combined with meticulous attention to detail
– a good understanding of British regulations and standards for design and construction.
– successful track record of business development, bidding and pitching
– proficient in Adobe CreativeSuite, Rhino and Solidworks
– great written, spoken and interpersonal communication skills
– proactive, self-sufficient, collaborative and works well under pressure
– must have a valid EU work permit
Please send your latest portfolio, CV and covering letter to [email protected]
Maynard is an award-winning multidisciplinary design consultancy based in Central London. Located in our ‘mews’ studio in Paddington, our close-knit and dynamic team create wayfinding, graphic design, products and environments for clients within the transport and public realm sectors. We have recently expanded internationally and have established offices in Auckland and Melbourne.
We are fascinated by the intricacies of how things work, a factor that’s reflected in our meticulous approach to detailing. Together we share a common belief that good creative thinking can bring clarity and simplicity to a rapidly advancing world, delivering innovative and commercially successful design.