Please note that this job has expired and is for reference only. See our active listings for jobs.
We are seeking a Senior Interior Designer to join our corporate interiors Team in our Seattle, WA studio. The Senior Interior Designer will participate in all phases of the project including project planning, conceptual design, and project completion. The successful candidate will have experience working on commercial/corporate interiors projects and proficient in AutoCAD.
- Participate with the Project Manager in consultation with the client to establish project goals and objectives including design intent, schedule, and budget parameters
- Mentor staff and participate in design and performance reviews as required
- Maintain an understanding of current design trends, products, construction systems and building codes
- Establish goals, objectives and parameters of the inventory process for existing furniture and equipment
- Interpret the program data and prepare/oversee the final report and recommendations and manage the validation process, as necessary for the program data
- Establish the conceptual design direction as a response to the program requirements and client’s goals and objectives
- Develop space plan, which meet the program requirements, client’s goals and objectives, building constraints and applicable codes, elevations, sketches, and architectural details that illustrate the design intent and use of materials
- Responsible for the research and selection of architectural products and systems, finishes and furniture
- Develop plans, elevations and architectural details that illustrate the design intent and use of materials.
- Bachelor’s degree in Interior Design or related field and at least 15 years’ experience in interior design or architecture
- Proficient with AutoCAD
- Certificate or Registration of Interior Designer or certification through NCIDQ preferred. LEED AP accreditation preferred.
- Professional membership and active participation in Industry Associations ie. IIDA and ASID preferred
We offer competitive wages based on skills and experience, excellent benefits package including; Paid Time Off, medical, dental, 401K, pre-tax Flexible Spending Accounts, and more. NELSON is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
If you have read this and feel this may be the career opportunity for you, please apply by clicking the link. Due to the large volume of candidates, only qualified applicants will be contacted. No phone calls or agencies please.