Please note that this job has expired and is for reference only. See our active listings for jobs.
Perkins Eastman NY has fantastic opportunity for a Senior Designer within the Healthcare studio. We seek an experienced, enthusiastic and motivated individual who is willing to work on a variety of projects! The Senior Interior Designer has an overall responsibility for design quality for the project(s). The Interior Designer has the ability and responsibility to lead the project team to conceptualize the project as a whole, sets the initial design direction and makes critical aesthetic decisions throughout the project while integrating input from client and operator. This position has the responsibility to lead the team including FF&E and interior architecture. The Interior Designer II is responsible for accuracy of documentation and project team members under their supervision to ensure the success of the project.
- Space planning and conceptual design skills and the ability to present ideas clearly to team members and clients are necessary, as well as competence in architectural interior detailing and knowledge of lighting design.
- Developing a design concept, presenting the design to a client, then executing the design through all phases of project design from programming, schematic design and design development, construction documents and furniture specification/bid packages.
- Mentor younger staff and create a team of designers.
- Bachelor or Master Degree in Interior Design or Interior Architecture
- Minimum 8 to 10 years of relevant healthcare experience
- Strong communication and organizational skills and the ability to work effectively with others in a challenging fast paced work environment.
- Ability to develop, communicate and present design concepts to client and teams
- Ability to work on multiple projects at the same time
- Proficiency with Revit, 3D Max, Sketch-up, Adobe Creative Suite, InDesign, AutoCAD, PowerPoint, and other related design software
- NCIDQ accreditation required
- LEED AP ID+C accreditation preferred
If you would like to join a dynamic, energized, innovative and collaborative environment, where your ideas will be heard and your skills challenged, send your cover letter, resume and salary requirements as one file ( Adobe PDF preferred but Word is acceptable) to [email protected] with “NYC – Senior Interior Designer – Healthcare” in the subject line. No phone calls please. Perkins Eastman is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a participant in the Federal E-Verify program. EOE/M/F/D/V