M Moser New York is looking for a creative Senior Project Architect who has a passion for rethinking conventions. The ideal candidate must have a demonstrated enthusiasm for considering design impact at multiple scales, contributing to design projects that emerge from a deep consideration of human interaction, from the scale of individual to the urban context. Candidate must be a self-starter who can contribute and thrive in our uniquely collaborative environment.
WHO WE ARE
Established in 1981, M Moser is the 18th largest design firm in the world. We specialize in the creation of workplace environments, corporate base buildings and campuses. Our 15 offices around the globe are characterized by innovative thinking, innate curiosity and, above all, the desire to engage with our clients to provide integrated solutions that enable, and are inspired by, their unique business needs.
WHY WORK WITH M MOSER?
Simple – we rock! We are a global industry titan who is changing the way architecture is designed and delivered in North America. We’re energetic, creative go-getters that believe in working together to get the job done. We believe in LIFE/Work balance and understand and care about how you want to work. While we move quickly, we consider business to be a marathon, rather than a 100-meter dash. Our LIFE/Work priority is designed for sustained performance over a career lifetime, rather than concentrated effort resulting in career-burnout. We support each other and value the individual. We complement each other and build on each other’s strengths. And we offer some of the most competitive compensation and benefits around: think company-paid health coverage for you and your dependents, an unprecedented match to our 401(k) plan with immediate vesting, and a creative culture that looks for quirky reasons to celebrate. Sound interesting?
WHO ARE YOU?
You love a challenge, have a healthy competitive spirit and thrive in a team environment. You are collaborative and open-minded, yet have a keen eye for the detail. You are organized in your thinking and can dig into a problem and find solutions. You work well under pressure and can mobilize and inspire others to do so too. You have an insatiable yearning for collaboration and learning, and can work independently with direction. You can juggle multiple projects and never miss a deadline. You enjoy working with an interdisciplinary team and supporting others. You’re looking for opportunity and growth with an energetic, creative and dynamic company that’s making things happen around the world.
WHAT DOES THIS ROLE LOOK LIKE?
Supported by M Moser’s team of architects, interior designers, and contractors, the Senior Project Architect will:
- Coordinate all phases of corporate and mixed use projects, including project set-up, design and documentation
- Work in tangent with project leaders, designs and documents projects both locally and overseas
- Participate in document production
- Ensure projects conform to project program and contract
- Work in tangent with office leadership to create and communicate clear and attainable project criteria and objectives.
- Lead a team of designers to develop client solutions and solve complex problems.
- Work as an integral member of design/build teams, participating in concept development, design documentation, and through construction administration.
- Translate programmatic opportunities into unique concepts for architecture and interior design.
- Assist in preparation of project proposals, schedule contracts and fees and work authorizations.
- Mentor and coach junior designers for enhanced teamwork and skill-building.
SKILLS WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Proficiency in Revit, MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Experience working on innovative work places
- Experience with the entire project lifecycle, from pre-lease services through post-occupancy
- Detail-oriented with an excellent ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Exemplary skills in dealing with people, able to work with and manage teams
- Action-oriented, driven towards results
- In-depth knowledge of building codes, standards and building structures
- Able to prioritize effectively and thrive in a fast-moving, deadline driven environment
- Strong leadership, organization, communication, and relationship manager skills
- Planning, organizational, and problem-solving skills with the ability to change priorities quickly
- Able to work entrepreneurially
- Able to communicate and work effectively with senior leadership and members of our global team
- LEED AP / LEED GA preferred
The ideal candidate will have 10+ years’ of experience in interior design or architecture or a related field.
Bachelor’s degree in Architecture, Design or other related field preferred.
Must be able to perform all essential job functions of the position with or without accommodation. Candidates must be authorized to lawfully work in the United States on a permanent basis. M Moser is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
If this sounds like you…we should be talking now. Visit us at mmoserexperience.com to learn more and you’ll be enticed to apply directly to [email protected]. Add a cover letter so we can understand you better, and your resume.