DIALOG is a fully integrated multi-disciplinary design firm incorporating urban design and planning, as well as architecture, engineering, interior design, landscape architecture, sustainability. Our special and spirit is founded on a unique collaborative approach to projects, clients and communities.
Our work includes design for urban vibrancy, health and wellness, transportation, arts and culture, retail and commercial, residential, education and research, as well as mixed use solutions incorporating an increasing number of these. DIALOG has been designing positive change in communities since 1960. Although our work has attracted many awards over this span, we consider a project truly successful when it is embraced by its community. What you will find here is passion without pretense; people who love coming to the studio every day, rolling up their sleeves, and working with a variety of clients to find common ground, and a brighter future for the communities we serve.
About the Role
As an Urban Planner you will:
- Help spearhead the thinking and engagement on a number of plans, urban designs, policies, and strategies for both public and private clients.
- Participate in all aspects of our planning and urban design practice, from early analysis and visioning, to the creation of conceptual and policy directions, and recommendations to implement and realize a diversity of great, complex, urban environments.
- Undertake a broad range of projects: from site specific planning to area wide policy reviews and master plans.
- Work through a collaborative process with a cross-disciplinary team of people, engaging a broad constituency of clients, stakeholders, and the public.
- Day to day tasks are project driven and may include, but may not be limited to:
- Conducting and contributing to detailed research
- Preparing for, and facilitating, public and stakeholder consultation
- Policy review and development
- Compiling team work into pertinent planning reports
- Client relations
- Project Management
- Project coordination
- Budget tracking
- 10+ years of related professional experience
- Graduate or undergraduate degree in urban planning
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Some graphic communication skills
- OPPI membership (full or provisional) is considered an asset
- Ability to work in a multidisciplinary team setting
- Highly organized with strong project management skills
- Strong understanding of planning theory and practice
Why work for DIALOG?
We are proud to have been named a Top 100 Employer in Canada for 2013, 2014 and 2015 along with Top Greenest Employer recognition in 2017. Employing over 600 people in 5 studios across North America, DIALOG is committed to delivering sustainability and excellence in design along with exceptional client service, in a fun working environment.
- Our team is fun, creative and committed to success;
- DIALOG offers first-class internal training and development;
- We offer competitive compensation and benefits; and,
- DIALOG is an award-winning company that is committed to sustainable, integrated design.