Please note that this job has expired and is for reference only. See our active listings for jobs.
UNStudio is seeking an urban designer to work in Amsterdam, the Netherlands.
Amsterdam, the Netherlands
Following the steady growth of our urban projects we are looking for an urban designer in our Amsterdam office.
For this position we are encouraging enthusiastic, accomplished urban designer candidates to apply who enjoy collaborating on further developing our ambitions in urban design and master planning projects.
UNStudio is an internationally operating architectural firm with projects in the Netherlands, Europe, Asia, USA and the Middle East, and with offices in Amsterdam, Shanghai and Hong Kong. The atmosphere in our office is international, multidisciplinary, highly ambitious and dynamic, as well as friendly and collaborative, with a focus on personal development and career planning.
UNStudio, which was founded by Ben van Berkel and Caroline Bos in 1988, currently employs 130 people, the average age is 34 years and our employee base is made up of about 28 different nationalities.
- producing large and small-scale urban plans
- working on multiple projects simultaneously in a variety of development stages
- contributing to a clear design philosophy, vision and concept for urban projects
- participating in cutting-edge research
- Master’s degree in a design discipline (Urban Design, Architecture, Landscape Architecture)
- minimum of three to four years post-graduate relevant experience in internationally renowned offices, demonstrating professional growth
- excellent aesthetic sensibilities and excellent design skills
- opportunity-driven attitude
- independent and pro-active
- working knowledge of 3D modelling programs
- good team player
- effective verbal and written communication skills (English is a must)
What we offer
A challenging position in an independent, young and international working environment.
Salary will be according to the directions of the CAO (Dutch agreement on working conditions) for architectural offices. UNStudio has a pension arrangement based on the average salary principle, 30 days annual leave, travel costs reward, and a (non-guaranteed) profit share. Our goal is long-term cooperation.
Applications consisting of a CV and portfolio can be sent digitally (PDF, maximum 10MB) to Sandra Velzeboer: HR@UNStudio.com.
Our website www.unstudio.com gives additional information regarding our office, HR policy, clients and projects.
Application deadline: 1 May 2014