Roca’s international design contest, promotes the creativity and talent of students and professionals to come up with creative, innovative and radical bathroom solutions to address the challenges included in the 2030 agenda. The bathroom, in the broadest sense, becomes the centralizing space for different human uses and needs, both physical and emotional, which define us and position us in the world.
Roca asks participants to design a product or service that:
- Responds to any of the topics listed in the categories below, providing enough added value when compared with existing solutions
- Relies on currently available materials and technologies
- Is aligned with one or more Sustainable Development Goals included in the 2030 agenda
- Crisis & Emergency
- [UN]Neutral Design
- Wellness & Health
- Water & Energy
- One pdf file, containing not more than 2 x A3 size pages.
- The maximum size of the pdf file will be 1.5 MB.
- The first page must include the title of the project, a text with the description of the project, and the main images.
The text (max. 600 words) should be divided into three sections:
- What? What is the project about? For whom?
- How? Brief description (How it works, materials…)
- Why? What Sustainable Development Goal of the United Nations agenda 2030 are you offering a solution to and why will it be relevant in the future?
The contest is open to professionals and students from the disciplines of architecture, design and any related field, of legal age from every country in the world, and has two participation options:
- Individual projects: formed by a single person.
- Group projects: formed by two people.
Each person or group may participate in one project only.
- Grand Prize: 5000€
- Winners (x4): 2000€ each
- 2nd/3rd Runners-Up (x8): 500€ each