Please note that this competition has expired and is for reference only. See our active listings for competitions.
The Organizer of the Competition.
The Competition is organized by the Union of Moscow Architects and the Union of Architects of the Republic of Tatarstan. The event is supported by the Cabinet of Ministers of the Republic of Tatarstan, the Administration of Kazan and the Committee for Architecture and Urban Planning of Moscow.
The Competition takes place in frames of the “Eco-Shore 2018” International Festival.
In modern conditions of the economic, urban and environmental challenges the aim of the Competition is to develop innovative ideas for reorganization and reclamation of the urban riverside spaces including the solution of some particular tasks. Among them are the following objects:
* modern ecological, town-planning, architectural and designing development of the riverside territory in the water area of the Volga bend from the Kazan River Port to the Kirov Bridge;
* creation of the full-fledged public, cultural, sports and recreational environment;
* drawing attention of governmental, municipal and public institutions to the development prospects of the Volga embankment territory;
* comprehensive development of water tourism and creation of its infrastructure;
* promotion of the active life-style;
* promotion of innovative technologies in process of the riverside territories development;
* drawing attention of investors, planners, building companies and producers of materials, goods and technologies to the prospects and new ideas for the riverside spaces development.
In the light of these tasks, the problems of recreation and leisure in the immediate vicinity of the coastlines are the most acute and topical, since the coastal areas are the main and indispensable value of the city, its inhabitants, tourists and business.
The Competition is arranged in order to get a conceptual, structural and functional spatial organization of the territory in the water area of the Volga bend by using an equitable creative contest. The new spaces should include a developed recreational component and be rich of public, tourist and cultural-sports functions.