Kamala Theatre is a unique cultural institution, and a leader in the development and promotion of contemporary Tatar culture. Today, the theatre is a versatile theatrical center, one of the most successful theatres in the republic in terms of attendance and capacity, and one of the few national companies in Russia where all performances of which are staged in native language.
The aim of the competition is to develop an architectural concept for Galiasgar Kamal Tatarian State Academy Theatre.
- Priority in preserving and developing Tatar national culture and language
- Preservation of unique national features in the architectural appearance and design of the building
- Creating a modern cultural space essential to residents of and visitors to Kazan
- Development of new formats of public work – enlightening formats (lectures, discussions, film screenings) and educational (clubs, schools, laboratories) to attract new audiences
- Incorporating the theatre into the ecosystem of Lake Kaban
- Increasing the efficiency of work and improving working conditions for the theatre staff, taking into account scenarios of individual visits by all categories of users