MattDESIGN is calling for designs from talented urban furniture designers around the world. Excellent urban furniture design teams, designers and enthusiasts from both domestic and overseas are welcomed to participate actively.
The competition will focus on the actual and potential needs of the public for urban furniture in terms of art, function and digitization in the industrial park for the employees and visitors of the resident enterprises and service enterprises, as well as taking into account the people in public areas (such as squares and commercial service areas), including but not limited to the following items:
- Clothing related (such as automatic working clothes collection and washing equipment, etc.)
- Food related (e.g. mobile commercial vehicles, unmanned food vending kiosks, etc.)
- Housing related (e.g. furniture rental platform machines, etc.)
- Travelling related (e.g. commuter electric vehicles, automatic luggage storage for visitors, etc.)
- Health and safety related (such as drinking fountain stand, mobile toilets, medical stations, simple exercise equipment, counselling stations etc.)
- Leisure and entertainment related (such as leisure seats, reading kiosks, travel group machines, etc.)
- Public services related (e.g. rubbish bins, mobile flower boxes, sun shelters, bulletin boards, commuter shelters and stop signs, bike storage racks, street lights, etc.)
- Public artwork related (e.g. industrial or elevator theme related, etc.)
Participants should choose at least four of the 8 categories mentioned above, with at least one product in each category for conceptual design. Detailed product design is not required. The design style should be unified. The program should focus on “use function, style, scale and size, material use, colour positioning, setting rules” and other urban furniture design elements. The design will fully interpret the concept of green, ecological, intelligent and sharing of Galactic Industrial, and create an artistic and dynamic park space environment.
Please submit one electronic file of sketch coloring or model rendering for each product design (not required to reach the depth of the final design), the file can explain the innovation idea and design; size A3 (420X297mm), output resolution no less than 200dpi, file format required jpg, RGB color mode.
Layout content mainly includes the name of the work, creative description, design scheme (style features, material, surface treatment, main size, etc.), overall design, partial enlargement, etc.
First Prize: 18,000 RMB
Second Prize (x2): 4,000 RMB
Third Prize (x3): 1,000 RMB