On Monday, March 26, 2018, the Kuwait Foundation for the Advancement of Science (KFAS) has launched the international design competition for the KFAS New Headquarters in Kuwait.
KFAS is inviting architects from all around the world to submit their application to enter this competition that is organized according to international standards.
The invitation is aimed equally at experienced and young architects, large and small offices. The highest degree of creativity, innovation, inspiration, sensitivity and commitment is expected.
Headquarters and convention center, two buildings with a net utilization area of 11,000 sqm each, and a master plan covering 60 hectares
• A total of USD $530,000 (net) for prizes and honoraria
• Working phase Stage 1, May 7 to July 4, 2018 and Stage 2, August 16 to November 1, 2018
• With 40 to 60 participants in Stage 1 and approx. 10 participants in Stage 2
• Submissions will be reviewed by an internationally renowned professional jury
• Participants to move forward with Stage 1 will be selected through a pre-qualification procedure by a committee independent of the jury
• The procedure is organized in agreement with the Union Internationale des Architectes (UIA).
• Deadline for the submission of application is April 16, 2018, 18:00 CEST.
For application and further information go to: www.phase1.de/kfas