Please note that this competition has expired and is for reference only. See our active listings for competitions.
Laka invites designers from around the world to submit their ideas of ‘architecture that reacts.’ The main focus of the competition is on the solutions that develop through a process of changes and adjustments. The subject of the competition is architectural, design, or technological solutions that are capable of dynamic interaction with their surroundings.
The participants are free to decide the project’s location, scale, size, and program. Listed below are some highlighted issues that the jury will pay attention to:
- a properly indicated architectural, social, or environmental issue to solve
- an accurate analysis of the selected issue
- a properly chosen solution that “reacts” to the indicated issue
Listed below are some issues that explain the concept of “Architecture that Reacts”:
- an ability to respond to social, economic, or environmental changes
- a level of social and environmental engagement of the design
- a relationship to a specific social, natural, and built context
- a level of flexibility and adaptability of the design
- an innovative use of technology and sustainable systems
- a level of self-sufficiency of the design