Enel is looking for a new design for a smart and sustainable street cabinet which must have innovative features in design, materials and manufacturing, incorporating the principles of circular economy and sustainability.
Enel’s vision of circular economy is not limited to just recycling materials, it extends to business activities along the entire value chain, starting from the design and procurement phases up to production and end-of-life management: to be truly effective, this approach must be applied from the design stage and must guide the design of the new street cabinet.
The development of the new street cabinet will have to address the following requirements:
1) Comply with the technical, safety, and security requirements currently in adoption by Enel for the external container and its internal components.
2) Have suitable dimensions for the installation of all components.
3) Respond to a better integration with the urban or rural context where it is installed (possibly with the possibility of foreseeing more variations of its version based on the context).
4) Incorporate into its design and implement as much as possible the main principles of circular economy and sustainability.
5) Promote and valorize the corporate image of Enel and its vision through the cabinet’s design.
6) Provide the possibility to convey messages aimed at various stakeholders of the Company.
The submitted proposal should contain two parts:
Solution description including:
- A description of the proposed solution with an explanation of how the Applicant proposes to address the Solution Requirements as listed above.
- A brief discussion of capabilities, facilities/equipment, and relevant expertise for executing the proposed solution.
- An overview of the proposed path forward (materials, deliverables, timelines, cost estimates)
- 3D renderings, views of the street cabinet placed in its contexts of use, a visual study of the technical characteristics (section views, exploded views, etc.) (in a pdf file)
- Technical drawings with all the dimensions (in a pdf file).
Designers, start ups, scale ups, SMEs, industrials are eligible for the participation in this challenge.
Up to €30,000