We live in a networked society where mobile information and digital connection connect us to anyone, from anywhere at any time. As we witness a shift in people’s lifestyles, the idea of home and the way they live is evolving from personal to communal.
People are choosing to blend work and life; exploring the world while continuing to work, giving rise to the growing trend of the digital nomad. But this idea of being ‘constantly on the move’ has made it difficult for both property owners and digital nomads.
The challenge here is to design a hybrid structure of a house and a workspace for digital nomads based in the distant future, 2030. The structure designed should be flexible enough to be compatible with the constant migration of the inhabitants.
- First Prize: 1500$ (For students and professionals)
- Runner up: 800$ (For students and professionals)
- People’s Choice: 450$ (For students – Most appreciated project wins this)
- Honorable mention x 2 (Students): 200$ Each
- Honorable mention x 2 (Professionals): 200$ Each