Please note that this competition has expired and is for reference only. See our active listings for competitions.
This year RIBA will host installations, talks and events, all responding to the London Festival of Architecture theme of Boundaries. As part of our summer season of cultural activity, the RIBA is now inviting practising architects and students to design a temporary installation for the Architecture Gallery at the RIBA Headquarters at 66 Portland Place. The installation will be on view from 4 June through to August 2019.
The winning individual or team will receive a £3,000 (including VAT) design fee and travel expenses will be offered to selected architects based outside the local area, as necessary.
- 19 March 2019: Brief opens
- 5 April 2019: Deadline to submit response to the theme ‘Boundaries’
- w/c 8 April 2019: Proposals reviewed by selection panel
- 10 April 2019: Architects notified regarding outcome
- April – May: Selected proposals developed in dialogue with RIBA curators
- w/c 13 May 2019: Fabrication and install
- 4 June 2019: Exhibition opening
- August: De-install