World Design Organization (WDO) is pleased to announce the call for submissions for the World Design Impact Prize™ 2021, which aims to recognize industrial-design driven projects that have a positive impact on our social, economic, cultural or environmental quality of life.
The WDIP brings together a unique group of nominees from around the world. Nominated projects aim to create products and services that build capacity and engage and empower citizens by using participatory, community-based design processes. They address a variety of global issues, from simple creations to help
curb the spread of disease, to complex structures that harness traditional technology to generate clean energy.
As WDO works to inspire equitable and collaborative global change, the WDIP process acts as a way to highlight and support the hard-work of those building a better world.
Have you launched a design-driven initiative that is actively making a positive impact on environmental, economic, social and/or cultural quality of life? Does it leverage design and embrace sustainability? Submit before April 30, 2021.
Not working on your own project at the moment but know of a design initiative (product, system, experience) that is actively making a difference? Show your support by nominating it before March 31, 2021!
Projects should showcase the expanding ways that design can make a positive impact on the world, including the design of systems and experiences.
Submissions or participation from other design disciplines are welcome but eligible projects must:
- Currently be in production or in use in one or more locations.
- Yield positive impact and reflect socially conscious design.
- Be industrial design driven and/or showcase innovative uses of industrial design.
- Demonstrate design thinking in the planning (participatory planning, co-design) as well in the design itself.
- Reflect the vision of WDO to create a world where design enhances our social, cultural, economic and environmental quality of life.
Interested parties are invited to submit project details via the online form at www.wdo.org/wdip.