Please note that this event has expired and is for reference only. See our active listings for events.
Taking place at the stunningly refurbished the Everyman, an Art Deco cinema in the British town of York, this event brings together the RIBA Stirling Prize shortlist before the awards evening in York. The event will also feature a keynote speech from the award-winning Diébédo Francis Kéré of Kéré Architecture from Gando, Burkina Faso and now based in Berlin. He has worked in Burkina Faso, Mali, Germany and Switzerland and has been recognized nationally and internationally with awards including the Aga Khan Award for Architecture in 2004 for his first building, a primary school in his home town of Gando and was chosen in 2017 to design the Serpentine Pavilion.
The Stirling Prize 2018 shortlisted architects will reveal the stories behind their nominated buildings:
- Bloomberg, London by Foster and Partners
- Bushey Cemetery, Hertfordshire by Waugh Thistleton Architects
- Chadwick Hall, University of Roehampton by Henley Halebrown
- New Tate St Ives, Cornwall by Jamie Fobert Architects with Evans & Shalev
- Storey’s Field Centre and Eddington Nursery, Cambridge by MUMA
- The Sultan Nazrin Shah Centre, Worcester College, Oxford by Niall McLaughlin Architects