Is this you?
Are you a design enthusiast with a passion for showcasing Umbra’s original products through 3D imagery? Are you an ideas-driven creative type at heart, with a highly organized work flow and enthusiasm to “get it done”?
Here’s what makes you successful at Umbra
- Entrepreneurial Spirit
- Can-Do Attitude
- Street Smarts
- Team Player Mentality
What you’ll do to be successful in this role
- Perform image creation, retouching, colour and material correction, Photoshop enhancements, preparations for in-house graphics and the Marketing Department as required
- Produce world-class quality 3D renderings for the web, catalog, sell sheets, promotional brochures and advertising
- Work closely with internal team members including project managers, product designers and graphic designers to communicate features and benefits of new products and convey them in shot concepts, layout specifications, propping, lighting and CAD modelling
- Maintaining archiving process and image library including saving files to digital asset server; ensure latest images are uploaded and available
What you’ll bring
- Technical skills: Proficiency using 3D rendering software including 3DS MAX VRAY/F-Storm, Adobe Suite, Archviz, PBR, Solidworks and 3D Keyshot; strong knowledge of Spline and Poly-based modelling; advanced material creation and complex shader networks and texturing skills; experience with HDRI lighting for both interiors and product; developed post-production skills; keen eye for composition, lighting, scene assembly and photorealism is a must.
- Collaborative team player with strong work ethic: Can adapt to changing priorities with a positive attitude and work independently and collaboratively as part of a team within strict deadlines to produce results; demonstrated ability to work on multiple initiatives with other creative people and projects simultaneously with high attention to detail
- Suggested Education: Post-secondary degree or diploma in Graphic, Product or Interior Design is a plus. Specific courses in 3D media, CAD and Rendering are assets
- Preferred Experience: Minimum 1-3 years’ related 3D rendering experience in an entrepreneurial work environment involving design, fashion trends and home-related products preferably.
Here’s how we reward success.
Umbra is a place where innovative minds thrive on fast pace and make things happen. We value our unique work space, our global mindset and our distinct design-centric culture.
We offer permanent full-time associates competitive base compensation and incentive plans, group benefit coverage and RSP matching programs, as well as more exciting things like flexible working arrangements, continuous learning opportunities, a generous employee product discount, recognition galore, an on-site gourmet cafe and full gym facilities to keep you healthy. Overall, a great place to work and build a career.