Seeking a Project Architect with strong conceptual design skills and advanced technical knowledge to become a part of our team! You will plan, design and manage a team to create inspiring architecture in a variety of typologies.
- Conceptualize and develop designs in collaboration with the Creative Director;
- Prepare presentations for client review and participate in presentations;
- Liaise with suppliers to maintain up to date product knowledge and library;
- Understand and adhere to project goals as set by the clients;
- Manage the production team members and participate in drawing production;
- Coordinate with sub-consultants and contractors;
- Maintain happy clients.
- Previous experience in Canada required;
- Proficient in Sketch-up, Photoshop, Indesign;
- Highly proficient in REVIT;
- Proficient in CAD;
- Master’s Degree in Architecture from a Canadian accredited institution or the equivalent;
- Registered Architect designation with the AAA will be prioritized;
- A minimum of 5 years of Canadian experience working as an architect or architectural technologist is an absolute must.
- Deadline and detail-oriented;
- Ability to manage multiple projects;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Strong creative design talent;
- Strong analytical skills;
- A team player, someone who enjoys collaborating, learning from colleagues, and sharing their own expertise.
You will be asked to participate as a Project Architect on an interesting and exciting range inclusive of hospitality, commercial and residential projects. You will be brought into each project from the onset and will carry projects through construction. Under the direction of the Creative Director, you will work both independently and/or in collaboration with other team members and will be responsible to develop the design direction and production of the buildings you are involved with.
The ability to interact positively with clients, consultants, contractors and your internal team is required. You must have a strong desire and commitment to contribute to the quality of the work that this studio will produce. An entrepreneurial nature is welcome.
DMa+id is an award winning, client focused studio practice. We are looking for passion, talent and experience to add to our team. Our work is inspired and innovative, but also highly technical and intelligently creative. We have a great supportive office with opportunity for growth and learning. We are looking for diligent, accountable individuals committed to a structured environment and processes, production standards, design excellence, positive client engagement and who are ready to sweat the small stuff.