Your role as a senior contributor on our professional Architecture team is to work independently to assist clients through the planning and creation of fiscally responsible, award-winning designs. Your experience ensures that you are quite familiar with construction plans, specifications, estimates and building codes.
You will be innovating and creating new prototypes designed with sustainable products with green architecture sensibility as your goals. You will lead the development of integrated design proposals, continuous updating of a building information model, preparing a variety of output / drawings throughout the project, while leading and mentoring others and collaborating with team members to contribute to the final deliverables as required under instruction from the Project Leader.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Responsible for managing complex tasks on multiple, large scope, highly complex projects.
- Effectively participates and helps to win work in interviews for potential projects.
- Plans, organizes, and directs the work throughout the life of the project to successfully deliver the project to the client.
- Keeps the Principal in Charge informed of progress on project expectations, deadlines, and deliverables and understands the limits of the decision-making responsibilities of the role and respects the boundaries of the Principal in Charge’s responsibilities.
- Leads the client and project team to assure that the project design meets the client budget, schedule, program, and design intent.
- Assists in the negotiation and development of project agreements.
- Develop and manage project budget, schedule, and overall work plan to realize target financial performance.
- Mentors Assistant Project Managers and motivates project teams.
- Assures that Project Management Framework tasks are timely completed and properly documented.
- Leads project coordination and owner/site meetings with internal team members and/or external consultants, owner and contractor and sub-contractors.
- Manages and tracks change orders, applications for payment by contractors and other contractual modifications impacting budget and schedule.
- Works with Operations Manager in determining project staffing needs and recommending personnel.
- Directs client invoicing and effectively manages collections.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Ability to engage in creative and critical thought.
- To produce design at a level that would be perceived externally as excellent.
- To hand sketch and communicate concepts and ideas to others effectively.
- To participate in project team setting.
- To lead several teams on large complex projects through the development of design concept.
- To receive criticism and respond appropriately and professionally.
- Inspire confidence and garner trust and respect with the project team and with clients.
- Provide a balanced approach and good judgement.
- To check work of others for accuracy and completeness and manage team to meet project budget and schedule.
- Scale process, design and effort to various roles on the project, the needs of the project, and other conditions.
- Interpret sketches, drawings, codes, building program and other similar material. Strong presentation and interview skills.
- Understanding of historical values and context.
- To present abstract ideas to the client and client representatives.
- To exhibit maturity and cultural awareness internally and externally.
- General knowledge of building construction systems, constructability, materials, and industry associated standards.
- Requires understanding of Microsoft Office Suite, Revit, AutoCAD,Adobe Creative Suite, SketchUP, Newforma, Sefaira, Recent modeling software; Prefer experience with 3D Printer, Laser cutter.
Education And Experience
Bachelor’s degree in Architecture or related field & Registered Architect. Minimum of 10-15 years of experience. LEED Green Associate or LEED AP an asset.
Typical office environment working with computers and remaining sedentary for long periods of time. Field work may include exposure to the elements including inclement weather.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.