AECOM is seeking an Architect to be based out of the Saskatoon area.
At AECOM, we believe infrastructure creates opportunity for everyone. Whether it’s improving your commute, keeping the lights on, providing access to clean water or transforming skylines, our work helps people and communities thrive.
We take on the most complex challenges and pioneer innovative, iconic solutions that push the limits of what’s possible – the world’s longest cable-stayed bridge, record-breaking sports events, the largest greenfield port development mega project, life-sustaining and disaster recovery programs, and the tallest tower in the Western Hemisphere.
On projects spanning transportation, buildings, water, governments, energy and the environment, we deliver professional services throughout the project lifecycle.
The Project Architect will:
- Perform specific project building design and development tasks, including programming, reports, drawings, calculations, cost estimates, and specifications.
- Respond to client questions and comments, review contractor submittals, and provide clarifications during construction.
- Adhere to accepted industry and company standards.
- Plan, schedule, conduct, coordination and, in a supervisory capacity, direct the development of architectural project requirements.
- Review and understand drawings prepared by other disciplines and communicate with those disciplines to ensure project documents are completely coordinated.
- Responsible for collaboration with and coordination of the work of engineering and other project consultants.
- When assigned, supervise, coordinate, and review the work of other architects, intern architects, designers and CADD technicians.
- Assist the Director of Architecture and/or Business Development Department in pursuing new work including participation in client presentations.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Accredited degree in Architecture (BS or BARCH) + 6 years of experience with an architectural firm designing buildings and producing contract documents. Licensed Architect.
- Must have a thorough understanding and knowledge or the architectural and engineering industry, including Federal, Provincial, and local laws and regulations that pertain to the industry.
- Ability to develop functional requirements and project-design criteria for wide variety of building types and design complexities, with ability to work in all phases of a project’s development including large and/or complex projects.
- Limited travel as required to meet training and project requirements.
- Strong oral and written communications skills, graphic skills, and design ability.
- Corporate, institutional, educational, governmental, industrial and/or healthcare project experience preferred.
- LEED AP accreditation, or desire to obtain it, would be beneficial.
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD, Revit.
- Experience using Outlook and Microsoft Office (or similar software).
- Ability to obtain secret clearance with CISD is a preferred requirement.