WRT is a team of planners, urban designers, architects, and landscape architects. We value the impact of our collective approach to create simple solutions for complex problems. We serve our communities by designing places that enhance the natural and social environment.
WRT is seeking a project architect with 5-10 years of experience for a mid-level position in our Philadelphia office. The successful candidate will have a background with multi-family housing. This position will work with and lead multi-disciplinary teams on projects from planning through design, documentation, and construction administration, to create livable urban neighborhoods.
- Monitoring the design process from conception to completion
- Design and implementation of mixed-income housing projects
- Fostering and maintaining a collaborative professional working relationship with the team
- Participate in bidding and VE efforts
- Code review and analysis
- Mentor and direct the work of less experienced staff
- Multiple roles in all phases of design and documentation
The ideal candidate will have:
- Bachelor or Masters of Architecture is required
- 5-10 years’ experience in housing and neighborhood design
- Professional licensure is preferred but not required. LEED AP certification is preferred
- Strong design and graphic skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Team player mentality and a mentorship mindset
- Proficiency with Revit, AutoCAD, SketchUp, and Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Illustrator, and Photoshop) is required
To apply for this position, use this link: http://www.wrtdesign.com/contact/careers or go directly to WRT’s website, www.wrtdesign.com, and follow the career page link. Please include a cover letter and a brief sample portfolio (PDF, PowerPoint or other electronic file type).
WRT is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We strong value diversity and an inclusive workplace.