AECOM is actively seeking a creative, highly talented Architect for immediate employment in the Ottawa, ON office. AECOM is proud to provide our employees with exciting, challenging projects.
The responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to, those listed below:
- Preparation of concept designs using ACAD, REVIT, Sketch-up, Photoshop and similar graphic design programs
- Preparation of detailed architectural designs
- Preparation of specifications
- Contract documentation preparation including implementation planning and tendering
- Construction phase administration
- Preparation of reports and proposals
- Interest and ability to act as a Project Manager on some projects
- Provide support to the Senior Architect on all phases of building design projects as required
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university Architectural program
- 5+ years of solid design in institutional, commercial and industrial buildings
- OAA registered or eligible
- Well-organized and a self-directed person with excellent communication skills and graphic design skills
- Thorough knowledge of building systems and construction detailing.
- Thorough working knowledge of the National Building Code
- Advanced knowledge in AutoCad, Revit, Photoshop, Sketch-up and Microsoft Office.
- LEED certification and project experience is a strong asset
- Bilingual French and English is a strong asset
- Interest in business development
- PWGSC Secret clearance preferred