Hobbs+Black Architects is seeking an Architect for its Ann Arbor office to support a broad range of architectural projects in both new construction and renovation from planning and design inception through construction completion.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assignments are generated and overseen by the studio leader and/or principal
- Manager projects on all levels from planning and design through construction
- Develop technical construction documents in AutoCAD and Revit
- Develop technical solutions for projects
- Conduct shop drawing reviews
- Prepare bid packages
- Attend planning and zoning, and/or municipal meetings
- Communicate and coordinate with clients and consultants
- Strong technical proficiency in AutoCAD and Revit
- Proficiency in Google Sketch-Up and/or Adobe InDesign
- Technical ability to develop, coordinate, and review construction documentation for solutions
- Understanding of building codes and ADA requirements
- Knowledge of various architectural styles and project types
- Ability to manage support team
- Ability to work in a fast-paced team environment with multiple competing deadlines
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor or master degree of architecture, or related field
- 7+ years experience in an architectural practice
- Strong technical knowledge and proficiency in architectural drafting, modeling and rendering software
- Architecture license/registration preferred
Hobbs+Black Architects offers competitive benefits and an enthusiastic environment of professionals dedicated to excellence in architecture. We welcome a team-oriented individual to add to our firm’s history of success.
Please submit a cover letter, resume, portfolio and references when applying for this position.
Hobbs+Black Architects is an Equal Opportunity Employer.