Winch Design is seeking a highly motivated, experienced, Architect/Architectural Designer to join their Architecture team in London. As an Architect/Architectural Designer you will be central to overseeing architectural expression, project delivery and design strategies across architecture projects; from the scale of expansive buildings to bespoke details.
Winch Design values curiosity in design through sketching, 2d design, 3d modelling, rendering, material curation, photography and model-making. There is also the opportunity to work across all project stages, seeing a design through from ideation to on-site construction and interior fit out and delivery. Winch Design are seeking design expertise, innovation, knowledge and a great attitude towards collaboration. The ideal candidate will be immensely passionate about design, with a keen eye for detail, exceptional organizational qualities and be enthusiastic in realizing unprecedented projects at the pinnacle of the high-end bespoke design world.
About the role:
- You will utilize details and craftsmanship that redefine high-end design, on projects that allow for unrestricted and exceptional levels of quality and variety.
- There will be opportunities to travel, working on site globally while engaging with a broad range of external consultants, artisans, craftspeople and suppliers.
- The role will be primarily office based, with the option to WFH one day per week.
Required skills and experience:
- Previous experience within a high-end architectural practice is essential.
- Excellent knowledge of AutoCAD is essential.
- Good working knowledge of one or more of the following software desirable: Rhino 3D, Enscape, VRay, 3ds Max, Blender, Adobe Suite (specifically InDesign & Photoshop), Sketchup (or similar).
- Hand drawing and sketching skills.
- Experience working simultaneously with multiple stakeholders and consultants.
- Knowledge of materials, sustainable practices and bespoke craftsmanship.
- Expertise in overseeing, reviewing and creating drawing packages.
- Experience working alongside interior, furniture and lighting designers, procurement specialists and suppliers.
- Good knowledge of joinery and detailing.
- Experience in a client facing capacity.
- Mood board creation.
- Advanced understanding of key structural principals and delivery pragmatics.
- Experience delivering projects on site, within a global context is desirable.
- Able to manage sensitive and confidential information.
- Practical knowledge of construction documentation, processes and procedures.
- Part Three qualification is desirable but consideration will be given to Part II qualified who can demonstrate an equal level of experience and skills.
Qualities and expectations for this role:
- Calm in nature, self-motivated and able to take responsibility.
- Self-initiative to solve challenges, refine processes and drive improvements.
- Actively support our design process, showing leadership and initiative as a great communicator, with willingness to share design expertise while respecting the experience and skills of the wider team.
- An opportunity to play a part within an incredibly creative and dynamic design studio.
- Be excited to advance your own learning and development.
- Desire to explore, test, and refine appropriate new techniques, learning from projects and the team.
- Be a team player, with the drive, determination and ability to extend your own design skillset.
- Detail oriented problem solver.
- Proactive and forward thinker.
Remuneration and benefits:
- Competitive salary available depending on level of experience.
- Hours 9:30am – 5:30pm – Monday to Friday (35 hour week).
- 24 days annual leave per annum.
- Lunch will be provided 4 days/week.
On completion of a successful probation period:
- Private health insurance.
- Life insurance.
- Personal travel insurance.
- Discretionary bonus scheme.
- Company pension scheme.
- Season ticket loan.
- Ride to work scheme.
- Electric car hire scheme.
Interview Process and Timeline:
Interviews will be a minimum of two stages, and a mix of teams and in person at the studio in SW14. Interviews to commence ASAP.