Please note that this job has expired and is for reference only. See our active listings for jobs.
This position is in the Facilities Management Department. OPEN UNTIL FILLED.
Salary Grade: A1
Performs professional architectural work in the design and development of public works and related projects.
A resume is required and must be uploaded with a completed application.
(Work assignments may vary depending on the department’s needs and will be communicated to the applicant or incumbent by the supervisor.)
Designs and completes architectural projects and provides plans and specifications for project construction;
Develops all phases of architectural systems, making final determinations as to structural requirements, type, capacity, location of equipment and permissible substitutions in project plans and specifications;
Investigates and evaluates requests for departmental remodeling and reviews such requests with department personnel;
Makes technical and physical surveys and compiles data for use in developing new projects;
Prepares specifications as applied to the architectural phases of projects;
Outlines general description of work to be accomplished by contractors;
Specifies materials and equipment to be used;
Describes manner in which work is to be performed, processes to be followed, precautions to be taken and any other special conditions peculiar to the project;
Estimates the total hours necessary for the completion of each phase of construction;
Determines quantity, types and costs of materials and equipment;
Conducts periodic inspections of work in process;
Makes final inspection of completed projects and authorizes their acceptance;
Supervises and reviews the work of drafting staff.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
- principles and practices of architecture design;
- techniques of design, construction and maintenance of architectural projects;
- principles of supervision and training;
- survey, investigation and inspection techniques and procedures.
- designing, developing and supervising major architectural projects;
- supervising and evaluating the work of others;
- maintaining effective working relationships with others;
- effective communication;
- prioritizing and managing multiple architectural projects.
(1) Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with a major in architecture and three years of experience in professional architectural work.
(A Master’s Degree from an accredited college or university in architecture or related discipline as determined by the Appointing Authority may substitute for one year of experience.)
(2) Current registration in any state as an Architect plus two years of professional architectural experience.
Preferred Qualifications: (Be specific in describing your experience in your application. Ensure the descriptions provided illustrate your competencies, specifically addressing the required and preferred qualifications.):
- Current registration in any state as an Architect.
- Experience with/knowledge of the principles and practices of Architecture and project management for building design and construction administration.
- Experience managing building projects with construction costs usually valued greater than $1 million dollars.
- Possess strong interpersonal skills including excellent verbal, written and graphic communication skills.
- Experience developing project budgets and schedules from preliminary scope and program information.
- Experience managing project budgets and schedules from inception through construction completion.
- Experience developing scopes of work for outsourced professional consulting and construction services.
- Experience with building types to include governmental office, legal and law enforcement, judicial, occasional medical, community centers, libraries and industrial use structures.
- Basic computer knowledge and skills, with a working level of competence in Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point, Project 2010, Auto-CAD 2017 (or later version).
- Experience/working knowledge of current building and accessibility codes.
- Resume required.