Plant Architect Inc. is currently seeking an architect with 8-10 years post-graduate office experience.
We like to work with well-read, articulate, engaged individuals who enjoy collaboration and working in a studio atmosphere. You will work closely with all members of the office including both the architecture and landscape architecture teams and will report directly to a partner.
Responsibilities include managing projects and clients, ensuring work is within the project scope and schedule, managing other team members, and/or working as part of a team. Work will include all aspects of a project from schematic design, design development, construction documents, tender, and construction administration. Projects will include multi-unit and single-family residential, commercial, entertainment, institutional, renovations and new construction, public realm, research and experimentation, and custom private commissions.
This contract is available initially for a minimum of 1 year with a potential for extension.
• 8-10 years post-graduate professional office experience.
• BArch and MArch or foreign equivalent.
• Demonstrated strong design and organizational skills.
• A high level of graphic communication skills and spoken and written English.
• Ability to communicate design ideas and work collaboratively in a studio environment.
• Familiarity with local building codes and authority approval processes.
• Excellence in the following: traditional hand-drawing skills, technical construction document preparation, design and layout software, ideally including Vectorworks, AutoCAD, SketchUp, Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, and Keynote/PowerPoint.
• Eligible to work in Canada: Canadian Citizen, Permanent Resident, or Work Permit.
Please submit work samples along with your resume and cover letter to [email protected] with the subject line Architect, 2021 – PLANT Architect, to the attention of Mary Tremain. Application screening will begin starting end of June, 2021.
No phone calls please. Thank you in advance for your interest in this job opportunity.
Please note that only those candidates under consideration will be contacted directly.