We are currently seeking an Architect to join our Public Studio in our Ottawa office. As an Architect you will apply and integrate technical detailing and material technologies to develop design solution into a concise set of construction documents. Using your ability to analyze and understand design intent you will produce efficient and effective technical design solutions. You will work with members of the design team to develop design solutions appropriate to the context, budget, and aesthetic requirements of architectural projects. You will use your knowledge of detailing, building materials, building codes, and construction technologies to collaborate with other professional disciplines and have opportunities to coordinate the design through all phases of the project.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develops technical designs and edits architectural drawings to ensure an exemplary solution is delivered that meets quality parameters, project timelines, and budgetary requirements.
- Performs design activities such as programming, code research, material and building systems research, laying out program components, and calculation of program and building areas
- Evaluates site conditions and performs site surveys
- Reviews project products, services, and shop drawings
- Processes permit response letters and coordinates revisions with engineers and consultants to obtain necessary documentation and permits
- Coordinates with contractor, sub-consultants, or relevant building authorities to address and document issues with constructability or owner concerns
- Experience in all phases of the project cycle is required
- Architectural design software skills including Revit, AutoCAD and other architectural design software
- Familiarity with MEP and Structural building systems and building codes is required
- Have successfully completed related post-secondary education
- Registered with a relevant professional architectural association; OAQ and OAA license is an asset
- At least 10 years of experience in architectural design and presentation is required
- Prior experience in project management, project delivery and client management is required