Reporting to: Project Leader of the current project on a day to day basis and ultimately to the Senior Partner.
- Prepare, develop and edit, under the guidance of the project leader or nominated architect, drawings, models, images, and other documents relating to the design.
- Where appropriate, assisting with Client Liaison in conjunction with other professionals to establish building type, style, cost limitations and potential landscaping requirements.
- Where necessary conducts potential studies on condition and characteristics of site, taking into account drainage, topsoil, trees, rock formations, etc.
- If required — analyzing the site survey in conjunction with the project leader and advises client on development and construction details taking into account the surrounding areas.
- Where appropriate monitors construction work in progress to ensure compliance with specifications.
- Seek to understand the design project.
- Develop, where required, representations of design options for further discussion by the design team.
- Record evidence of your professional experience in accordance with the requirements of the RIBA (or equivalent as applicable e.g. AIA).
- Thorough knowledge of and compliance with Foster + Partners procedures and standards.
- Contribute, or otherwise assist, as required by the Partner, Senior Partner or nominated Architect.
Qualities & Skills required
- Able to demonstrate ability to undertake the above responsibilities.
- Legally able to work in the country in which the position is based.
- Evidence of a good design understanding e.g. a good design portfolio.
- Ability to use a variety of media in the development and documentation of a design project.
- A flexible and open attitude towards new ways of working and commitment to independent, life long learning
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Able to manage sensitive and sometimes confidential information.
- Self motivated and able to demonstrate initiative and a proactive approach to daily tasks and in response to direction or instruction.
- Good interpersonal skills and able to work independently and as a part of an effective team, assisting and supporting team members.
- Able to build good relationships at all levels, internally and externally.
- Resilient to cope with conflicting demands, able to prioritize duties and work effectively under pressure and meet deadlines efficiently and effectively budget.
- Evidence of the ability to understand design decisions taken by others.
- Ability to use some of the following: MicroStation, PhotoShop, Illustrator, InDesign, Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Internet Explorer.
This description reflects the core activities of the role but is not intended to be all-inclusive and other duties within the group/department may be required in addition to changes in the emphasis of duties as required from time to time. There is a requirement for the post holder to recognize this and adopt a flexible approach to work. Job descriptions will be reviewed regularly and where necessary revised in accordance with organizational needs. Any major changes will be discussed with the post holder.